Designing the Hero of the Seven Seas
A Dive into the Creative Process
Developing the main character of a game is like discovering a new species in the depths of the ocean. It takes creativity, imagination, and a keen eye for detail to bring your hero to life.
Here’s a look at the creative process involved in building the hero of Seven Seas, Race and Battle:
- Defining the Character: Before you start designing your hero, you need to know who they are. What’s their backstory? What motivates them? What are their strengths and weaknesses? This information will help guide the design process.
- Sketching the Character: Once you have a clear idea of who your hero is, start sketching. Don’t worry about making it perfect, just let your imagination run wild. Experiment with different designs and see what works best.
- Refining the Design: Once you have a rough sketch, start refining the design. Pay attention to details like the shape of the eyes, the curve of the fins, and the texture of the skin. Make changes as needed until you’re happy with the final design.
- Adding Personality: Now it’s time to add personality to your hero. What’s their attitude? How do they walk, swim, and interact with others? Animate your hero and see how they come to life.
- Playtesting: Finally, it’s time to playtest your hero. Does the design work in the context of the game? Does the hero feel fun and engaging to play as? Get feedback from your team and make changes as needed.
In conclusion, designing the hero of Seven Seas, Race and Battle was a journey into the depths of our imagination. With creativity, attention to detail, and a focus on character and personality, we’re confident that our hero will capture the hearts and minds of players everywhere. Happy diving!